We’ve organized close to 100 house parties all across Oakland over the past year, and it’s the best way for Jean to meet with and hear from residents in every neighborhood about what they want the next Mayor to prioritize.
Please contact us if you’re interested in hosting a gathering at your home, a local café or community center near you to introduce Jean to your neighbors and friends. These can be casual gatherings for people to learn more about Jean, fundraisers with supporters, or meetings to help organize people around local issues.
Here are the basic steps to organizing a house party:
- Schedule a date for a weeknight or weekend time that works for you with the campaign.
- Create an invitation, flyer or use a template to spread the word to your neighbors and/or networks.
- Outreach via e-mail, walking door-to-door, phone, word-of-mouth and/or flyering in your community.
- Host the event on the day of, providing light refreshments if you can, ensuring enough seating and welcoming guests.
- Help follow-up with your guests after the house party to get their feedback and see if they’re interested in getting involved in the campaign.
To schedule a house party, sign-up to volunteer as a host and then call 510.548.5729 to find a good date.
IN THE NEWS