Even though Oakland High student Jenny Nguyen could only give $5 herself, she raised over $100 in five minutes by passing the basket at our November 13th, 2009 fundraiser!
To reach our fundraising goals for this citywide race, we need all our supporters to pitch in a little to help us raise the maximum to get our message out...
Here are some things you can do to help raise money!
- Donate yourself, whatever you can give. It’s hard to ask for money if you haven’t given something yourself. If you’re on limited income, you can donate $5 each month through our online system.
- If you have contacts with major donors, sign-up to join our Fundraising Committee and outreach to individuals who can give up to the maximum ($700 per person).
- Organize a fun fundraiser in your community. This can be anything from a game night, to a backyard brunch, to a bake sale on the block. Get creative, and let us know your ideas!
- Get in touch with us if you’d like to help us fundraise amongst networks nationally, since this race has implications far beyond Oakland.
- Help solicit and collect in-kind donations of food, office supplies, printing and other services needed for the campaign.
Sign up for a Personal Fundraising Page! It's easy:
1) Setup Your Personal Fundraising Page & Set a Fundraising Goal of $1,000 or More.
We're each asking 20 of our friends to give $50 each to raise $1,000 for Jean.
Can you do the same? Set your own goal of more or less, depending on what you think your networks can give.
Personalize your page with a 2-3 paragraphs about why you support Jean and why Oakland needs her.
2) E-mail Your Friends, Families & Colleagues.
Under the "Promote" tab, send personalized e-mails to the people in your life who love you and those who care about Oakland's future.
You may want to send one out, and then send a reminder a few days later, since e-mails can get forgotten easily.
You can also post the link to your page on Facebook & elsewhere and send your social network friends personal messages with the link.
3) Make Phone Calls to Follow-up & Ask Them to Help You Reach Your Goal
within 2 Weeks.
Within 2 weeks, follow-up with phone calls to make the ask if they haven't responded to the request.
Let them know you need to reach your goal.
IN THE NEWS